enira.net

We are all living in a technological wasteland.

RSS
people

Belgium was unexpected at this time.

Sometimes programs contain funny and/or odd error messages. Today I encountered one of those.

I was working on a project for a client and I restarted my Weblogic server to be on the receiving end of a strange error: ‘Belgium was unexpected at this time.’.

I was unable to start myWeblogic server instance. Annoying… yet funny.

After half an hour I found the error. Apparently the Belgian eID toolkit (which I installed a few hours prior) added a classpath variable to ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Belgium Identity Card’.
Removing this made my Weblogic server boot again.

Bonus: a comment line I’ve found in a pom.xml file of project which I am working on:

<!– voilà la solution, je suis au café… –>
<resource>
<directory>src/main/resources</directory>
<filtering>true</filtering>
</resource>
<!– solution –>

Translation: Here, the solution. I am off to the coffee corner.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.